Friday, February 25, 2011

Software

I think it was very beneficial that we learned all of the software skills. The skills we learned are something that we will all use in teaching, whether it is in elementary or secondary school. Word and Publisher were probably the most helpful for me because I feel like when I become a teacher these are the ones I will use the most. I will be writing letters, newsletters, flyers, etc. to my students and their parents probably on a weekly basis. I didn't realize in Word how it was so much easier to make tables in order to make things line up equally. I also really liked learning how to make concept maps. The program that we learned to use is so much easier then just making it on Word. Making concept maps will help me plan my lessons and units for the class. It is such a good organizational tool. You can make anything from a teaching tool to an assessment for your students with these skills learned. Using a concept map would be a good example of an assessment to use for your students. Overall all the software skills learned will help out in the future when we all become teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment